Friday, November 12, 2010

Turkey, Bacon, Avocado Spinach Salad with Dried Cranberries and Almonds and My Kid Friendly Variation





After looking in the fridge and realizing I needed to restock, I used what I had left for lunch the other day in 2 ways.  The first was just a pretty simple spinach salad with roasted turkey breast, avocado, slivered almonds, bacon, and dried cranberries.   My dressing was just a mixture of organic balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

Honestly, I didn't put much thought into this recipe because I just threw together what I had on hand.  I used one thick slice of roasted turkey breast pulled apart into pieces, 1 piece of bacon (crumbled), about 2 cups of fresh organic spinach, 1/2 of an avocado, and and small handful of almonds and cranberries.  I love cracked pepper on my salad, so I added a few grinds of it for a little spice and mixed together 1/8 c. of some balsamic vinegar with a teaspoon of olive oil to dress it.

For the kids, keep it simple with these turkey, bacon, and avocado rollups.

I don't need much explaining for these.

1 Slice roasted turkey breast
1 Thick slice avocado
1 Slice of bacon

Roll it up like a burrito.  You don't have to be a toddler to enjoy this.  If you want to add a bit of sophistication to this, drizzle some balsamic vinegar and add spinach to it before rolling it up.
I served these rollups with fresh organic blueberries and grapes for the kids.  My youngest daughter, who always hijacks my meals, climbed on my lap and stole half of my salad as well.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent idea for a quick healthy meal. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, David! By the way, the bacon is unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete